- What chemicals need to be on the chemical inventory list? For which chemicals do I need an MSDS? Does this include bottles of household cleaning supplies kept in an office?
Work Place Safety
- Is there an OSHA regulation that an eyewash station must be within a specific distance from the chemical storage?
- Are fire extinguishers required to be installed on forklifts, tractors, or other non-road vehicles?
- An issue of liability has come up and we would like to know if we should continue to supply over the counter medications (i.e. Tylenol, aspirin, etc.) in our First Aid kits?
- I have heard that CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) classes will only be teaching chest compressions procedures, instead of mouth-to-mouth rescue breathing. Is this correct?
- We are planning to purchase a portable eyewash, can you recommend a model?
- When do employees who work with pesticides need medical monitoring (blood testing for cholinesterase levels)?
- Is the purchase of work boots or other protective clothing considered an allowable UC expense if the job requires it?
- A vendor has requested a copy of my Research Authorization form to order experimental pesticides for field trials that I am conducting. Where can I get this?
Work Place Training
- How long do we need to keep a copy of training records?
- Are there a minimum number of safety trainings that are required per year? For example, is one safety training a month required?
- As part of our irrigation research program, we will be using a neutron probe to monitor soil moisture during the upcoming growing season. When is the next neutron probe training class offered?
- What is the mailing address to return safety training videos?
- How does our Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) apply to the Master Gardener’s. With regard to reporting incidents, training, etc., does our plan cover them? What about our Hotline volunteers? Since the Hotline is located here at the office, it would be good for them to know where to evacuate to in case of an emergency.
- We are having trouble obtaining a Remedy OES Ergonomic program password - it says that there isn't any account information for our e-mails?
- I overheard there are reward perks available for taking or reviewing some of your tips and trainings? Is this true?
- What ergonomic training/assessment would I need if I would like to request funding through our BSAS program for ergonomic equipment?
- Who calibrates and tests the fume hoods in our laboratory? In-house test technician or outside vendor contractor? How often do they need to be tested?
- Can you send me the list of approved asbestos disposal sites?
- We just viewed the video about “Emergencies in the Workplace” and the EH&S Safety Note #6 on Earthquake Safety. Both sources indicated that in case of earthquakes, one should take cover under a sturdy object. However, new information provided to us talks about “the triangle effect”. If this is the procedure that we should be following then the video and safety note should be updated. Please advise.
- When sending in inspection information, do we need to send in the actual inspection documents or the notes that we take while walking around with the inspector?
- Are Forklift load centers based on a flat center (length) or a cubed center (length & Height)?
- Can you please give me more info about the Be Smart About Safety grants? I would like to know the deadline and the details please.
- I believe that the survey has an incorrect answer in the system for General Shop Safety. The question is in regards to the Compressed Gas Cylinders? Shouldn’t gas cylinders be secured all the time?
- Do I need a medical clearance to wear a respirator?
- Can I mix-and-match different brands of cartridges and respirators?
- How often is a fit test required?
- Who is responsible for the cost of the medical evaluation?
- When do I need to discard a cartridges/filter?
- Who is responsible for the cost of the respirator?
- Who sees my medical questionnaire?
- How can I get my medical medical evaluation?