ANR Environmental Health & Safety
University of California
ANR Environmental Health & Safety

Work Place Safety


A vendor has requested a copy of my Research Authorization form to order experimental pesticides for field trials that I am conducting. Where can I get this?


California Code of Regulations, Title 3, Section 6268 provides an exemption for UC employees conducting research from needing to obtain the written authorization, as long as there is policy covering the experimental use.  ANR Administrative Handbook Section 281: POLICY ON PESTICIDES AND RELATED CHEMICALS: USE AND EXPERIMENTATION is written to comply with this regulation.


Providing the vendor with a copy of the policy should satisfy their request to see a Research Authorization.  Please make sure you follow all the safety, posting, crop destruct, record-keeping and reporting requirements in Section III of the policy.  The regulatory exemption only applies to obtaining the written Research Authorization, but the other regulatory requirements concerning the use of pesticides still apply.


Last Updated

October 18, 2010

Webmaster Email: