Guidance for Statewide Programs
Guidance for In-Person Programming with Volunteers and/or Youth
UC ANR is committed to providing safe learning environments for our volunteers, personnel, and clientele. Requirements below for in-person meetings and events are in accordance with the State of California and University of California policies.
Display the following poster at your statewide program meeting/event sites. Please click here to download image.
These safety standards must be followed for all in-person UC ANR statewide program and volunteer activities.
Do not participate in any in-person activities if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms or if you or someone you have been in contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Face Mask Use
Outdoor activities with youth and adults: No face masks required.
Indoor activities with youth and adults: Face masks required for everyone due to children under the age of 12 not being eligible for the vaccine.
Indoor activities with adults only:
- Persons who are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19 must wear a mask when working or participating in ANR activities indoors.
- At locations in Counties which are experiencing substantial or high transmission of COVID-19 (based on the CDC COVID data tracker), all persons must wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- At locations in Counties which are subject to a state or local Public Health Order that requires all persons to wear a mask indoors, all persons must comply with health orders while engaged in UC ANR work or other activities.
Post the signs appropriate to facemask requirements for your location (PDF- 3 pages).
Indoor Physical Distancing
Maintaining a minimum of 3 feet between participants is required for indoor youth activities.
Maintain 6 feet of distancing during times when members and volunteers are not masked due to eating or drinking.
Maintain hygiene practices
After each use, clean and disinfect workspaces and equipment, wash hands often, and/or use hand sanitizer.
In-Person Guidance for Volunteer Programs
(this page in a printable format)
Additional guidance for 4-H staff and volunteers
Additional guidance for Nutrition Education Programs - See EFNEP website and UC CFHL guidance materials