COVID-19 In the News
- University of California issues mandatory flu vaccine order for students and staff.
- COVID patients thank hospital staff at UC Davis Health (video).
- UC San Diego: Abnormal T cell responses to COVID-19 do not appear to be a cause of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C).
- UCLA: California Latinos’ use of emergency medical services increased disproportionately during pandemic.
State and Local
- California’s positive COVID-19 test rate just went down again.
- California COVID-19 death count tops 70,000 as the state emerges from latest virus surge.
- Port of Los Angeles will operate 24/7 to help relieve U.S. supply chain backup.
- U.S. COVID-19 vaccination rates up thanks to mandates; cases and deaths down.
- End of U.S. delta-driven coronavirus surge may be near, experts say.
- Lower-dose Moderna COVID boosters for high-risk Americans endorsed by FDA panel; J&J booster to be reviewed tomorrow.
- More Americans are now receiving a booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine each day than are getting their first shot or are becoming fully vaccinated each day.
- Merck seeks first U.S. authorization for COVID-19 pill.
- The J&J booster debate.
- A primer on what we know about mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines.
- Kids are losing school days to quarantines. Here's a way to keep them in classrooms.