Hero Image

Business Travel

Business Travel Insurance & Trip Planning

UC employees traveling on official University business are provided insurance coverage for a wide variety of accidents or incidents that may occur while you are away from your primary workplace. If your travel arrangements are made through Connexxus (UC’s travel reservation system), then your trip is automatically registered for this coverage. For business travel reservations made outside of Connexxus, the trip can be registered manually at the link below. Please note that you can register any trip for this program, but travel reimbursement policy requires you to register any business travel that takes you out of the United States. Additionally, if you don't register your trip, you won't be able to access insurance, emergency medical or other services.

Note for ANR employees: when you use the link below, you will open a page for InCommon, which supports log-in from many different educational institutions. At this time, ANR employees need to select the UC campus (either Berkeley, Davis, Riverside, or UCOP) which they have log-in credentials for. Do not select ANR as your identity at this time.

UC Away - Business Travel Registration

Use the link above to register your trip with UC Away. From UC Away, you can print an insurance card that will give you access to UCs worldwide travel assistance program. You can also access the Worldcue Traveler website, where you can review a wealth of information about your destination(s), including briefings on security, health, and immunizations, as well as general travel tips to help you prepare for your trip.

Whether your trip is registered through Connexxus or UC Away, you will receive an e-mail from Worldcue Traveler / iJET with your insurance card and links to set up your traveler profile and provide your personal and emergency contact information to use while you are traveling. You need to take this additional step to set up your profile with Worldcue Traveler in order to receive alerts. 
Information provided to UC Away or Worldcue is held securely and only accessible risk services and security personnel.

UC Trip Planner

Here is your one stop Global travel Resource Link. Click here for pre-trip planning and travel security information (ANR employees will need their UC Davis, UC Berkeley, UC Riverside, or UCOP username and passphrase).

AB 1887 Travel Prohibition to Certain States

State law and University policy prohibit use of state funds for travel to certain states. For more information, please review the UC Davis and UCOP websites.

Rental Cars

The University maintains contracts with car rental agencies, which include insurance coverage for most rentals. Make your reservation through UC's Connexxus travel reservation program or use the ID numbers provided here to receive UC's discounted rates and insurance.

Local Transportation

When use of personal vehicle, rental cars, or University-owned vehicles is not feasible, UC ANR employees traveling on University business are urged to use public transit, or licensed taxi/limousine services for local transportation needs. While there are several internet-based rideshare companies now operating, UC ANR Risk Services recommends using licensed taxi/limousine services (displaying a permit) for business travel in order to ensure the drivers are screened, trained, and licensed, and that the driver, vehicle, and company carry adequate insurance.