ANR Environmental Health & Safety
University of California
ANR Environmental Health & Safety

Facility Management


Who calibrates and tests the fume hoods in our laboratory? In-house test technician or outside vendor contractor? How often do they need to be tested?


Cal/OSHA requires that the fume hoods be tested and certified annually.  It can be done in-house or by a vendor.  We do most testing in-house for our UC Research & Extension Centers.  Other ANR locations may contact EH&S ( and we will try to arrange for testing of your fume hoods.  If you need to hire a vendor, we have used Technical Safety Services, Inc.( TSS )

Last Updated

October 18, 2010

Webmaster Email: