Guidance for Statewide Programs
Guidance for In-Person Programming with Volunteers and/or Youth
UC ANR is committed to providing safe learning environments for our volunteers, personnel, and clientele. Requirements below for in-person meetings and events are in accordance with the State of California and University of California policies.
Display the following poster at your statewide program meeting/event sites. Please click here to download image.
These safety standards must be followed for all in-person UC ANR statewide program and volunteer activities.
Do not participate in any in-person activities if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms or if you or someone you have been in contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Protocols for Indoor and Outdoor Activities
- Generally, masks are not required, regardless of vaccination status. In compliance with CDPH guidelines, masks are recommended for indoor settings, but are not required.
- Social distancing is no longer required (indoors or outdoors).
- Post the Symptom Survey sign at the location to remind persons of COVID-19 symptoms and to stay home if they are sick, have symptoms, or have been exposed.
- When possible, maintain an attendance log. This can be used to inform attendees if there is a positive COVID case.
- Make hand sanitizer available. Clean facilities before and after UC ANR volunteer activities and programs.
- Maximum number of participants at outdoor gatherings sponsored/hosted by UC ANR must be under 10,000 people outdoors and 1,000 people indoors. For events with more than 10,000 participants outdoors or 1,000 indoors, please follow the state guidelines for mega-events
Local public health orders or facilities may have stricter safety protocols. Participants at UC ANR events must follow local or facility safety protocols if they are stricter than these Basic Safety Guidelines.
To find out if your County has a specific mask order or other public health guidance that is different from the state, review your local public health COVID website.
Protocols for Food Service
- Food service is no longer limited to single use items or packaged meals.
- When meals are prepared and served, at least one UC ANR volunteer or employee serving food at the event must complete the ServSafe training. This does not apply to snacks or pre-packaged food items served at UC ANR meetings or activities.
- The ServSafe certified UC ANR volunteer or employee may train additional food servers using the Clover Safe Note: Food Safety at 4-H Meetings
Vaccination and Testing Requirements for Volunteers or Program Activities
As described in COVID-19 Vaccine Program Policy - UC ANR Volunteer FAQs, in most cases UC ANR volunteers or persons participating in ANR programming (such as 4-H, attending workshops, field days, classes, etc.) are not required to provide their vaccination status or proof of negative testing for COVID-19. However, there are some instances where it may be appropriate to verify vaccination status or a negative test, due to local health orders, facility requirements, or the relative risk of the activity.
Please review this Risk-based Guidance for Requiring COVID-19 Vaccination or Negative Test for UC ANR Events/Activities for more information and guidance for these situations.