Safety Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheets (formerly called Material Safety Data Sheets) and other relevant chemical data are available on the Web. UC Libraries make Internet access available to everyone.
UC's mains SDS source is:
SDS is one of the suite of UC Safety applications managed by UC Risk and Safety Solutions.
The UC SDS database is powered by RightAnswer.
To access the UC SDS database, go to ucsds.com (you will need to enter your UC Campus log-in credentials).
You can search by chemical/product/manufacturer name and/or CAS#. For additional help with RightAnswer, use the "Help/Info" links on the left-hand side of the browser window.
SDSs are an important source of health and safety information, but they should not be the only tool used to evaluate chemical hazards. Gather chemical hazard information from a variety of sources.
Additional SDS Sources:
- Where to find MSDS on the Internet
- Avantor Performance Materials
- Biosafety Material Safety Data Sheets
- CCOHS ChemIndex, Canadian Occupational Health & Safety
- EMD Millipore
- Health Canada Pathogen Safety Data Sheets and Risk Assessment
- Matheson Gas Products
- Roche Applied Science
- SIRI MSDS Index
- VWR International
Good sources of non-SDS information
- CCOHS References Collection, (subscription) Canadian Occupational Health & Safety
- GoodGuide Scorecard Chemical Profile Search
- EPA Chemical Profiles for Extremely Hazardous Substances
- Hazard Communication: Container Labeling & Safety Data Sheets (Video), Yale Environmental Health & Safety Online Training
- Hazard Evaluation System and Information Service (HESIS)
- International Agency for Research on Cancer
- List of Controlled Substances and Listed Chemicals, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- New Jersey Right To Know Chemical Fact Sheets (scroll down page for list)
- NIOSH Chemical Safety
- NIOSH International Chemical Safety Cards (scroll down page for list)
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- National Select Agent Registry, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Toxicology Program 12th Report on Carcinogens
- Proposition 65, Current List of Chemicals Known to Cause Cancer or Reproductive Toxicity
- ToxFAQs, Agency for Toxinc Susbstances & Disease Registry
- TOXLINE, National Library of Medicine
- TOXNET Web Search
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI), Environmental Protection Agency