Safety Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheets (formerly called Material Safety Data Sheets) and other relevant chemical data are available on the Web. UC Libraries make Internet access available to everyone.
UC's main SDS sources are:
|ChemWatch GoldFFX Database||
ChemWatch is the primary SDS source at UC. ChemWatch automatically recognizes a UC-affiliated computer.
When accessing ChemWatch from a non-UC computer, log in with:
Need help with ChemWatch? Use the following e-training. If you need information on a specific topic, click the "menu" tab of the training to jump to a specific topic.
RightAnswer (formerly Micromedex) is an additional source of safety information, including the RTECS© Registry. Registration required.
SDSs are an important source of health and safety information, but they should not be the only tool used to evaluate chemical hazards. Gather chemical hazard information from a variety of sources.
Additional SDS Sources:
- Where to find MSDS on the Internet
- Avantor Performance Materials
- Biosafety Material Safety Data Sheets
- CCOHS ChemIndex, Canadian Occupational Health & Safety
- EMD Millipore
- Health Canada Pathogen Safety Data Sheets and Risk Assessment
- Matheson Gas Products
- Roche Applied Science
- SIRI MSDS Index
- VWR International
Good sources of non-SDS information
- CCOHS References Collection, (subscription) Canadian Occupational Health & Safety
- GoodGuide Scorecard Chemical Profile Search
- EPA Chemical Profiles for Extremely Hazardous Substances
- Hazard Communication: Container Labeling & Safety Data Sheets (Video), Yale Environmental Health & Safety Online Training
- Hazard Evaluation System and Information Service (HESIS)
- International Agency for Research on Cancer
- List of Controlled Substances and Listed Chemicals, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- New Jersey Right To Know Chemical Fact Sheets (scroll down page for list)
- NIOSH Chemical Safety
- NIOSH International Chemical Safety Cards (scroll down page for list)
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- National Select Agent Registry, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Toxicology Program 12th Report on Carcinogens
- Proposition 65, Current List of Chemicals Known to Cause Cancer or Reproductive Toxicity
- ToxFAQs, Agency for Toxinc Susbstances & Disease Registry
- TOXLINE, National Library of Medicine
- TOXNET Web Search
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI), Environmental Protection Agency